We are committed to helping affluent Canadians in the Sudbury and Manitoulin region manage the complex and evolving needs of their wealth. Whether you are recently retired or have a growing business, we take a holistic approach to your overall financial well-being. Clients and their families are at the heart of everything we do, every day.
We have helped clients across a range of needs and goals that include:
Pre-retirees and Retirees
You may have spent your working life accumulating wealth. Now you are getting ready to move to the next phase. This will involve a fundamental change in how you view and manage your wealth.
The focus has moved from saving to growing, protecting, and enjoying your wealth.
We can help you address several realities:
- You may live longer than you expect, and maintaining your lifestyle could become a challenge
- Managing your tax bill is even more critical to protecting your assets over time
- The strategies for creating a tax-efficient, life-long income are different
- Your ability to leave a legacy depends on a well thought-out plan.
We are here to listen and help you look forward to a long and comfortable retirement.
Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
As business owners ourselves, we understand some of the unique challenges and opportunities available to incorporated business owners and entrepreneurs. Whether you are just starting out or have an established business, we can help you maintain your lifestyle now and throughout your retirement.
Building wealth goes beyond running a strong balance sheet and showing profits each year. A key to enjoying the results of your hard work is to build wealth inside and outside your business.
We can guide you in creating:
- a succession plan to help ensure you get the return on your life investment you deserve
- a holding company, a life insurance policy, and other tools to limit your tax liability
- a well-diversified investment portfolio outside the business that can continue to generate income long after you have sold or moved on from your life as a business owner
- a benefits package to help attract and maintain your employees
Multi Generational Families
Intergenerational wealth planning has a huge impact! It’s important to discuss the details of what you wish to leave behind, how you want it to impact your children’s and grandchildren’s lives, and how much flexibility you want in the way they use your legacy.
Our role in guiding families is twofold: first, to guide you to the most tax-advantaged ways to pass along wealth that match your current goals; and, second, to help the next generation understand the impact of sudden-wealth events (such as inheritances) and how to prepare for them in advance.
Intergenerational wealth planning has a huge impact! It’s important to discuss the details of what you wish to leave behind. You should discuss how you want it to impact your children’s and grandchildren’s lives. You should also decide how much flexibility you want in the way they use your legacy.
Agriculture and Farm Planning
Farming on Manitoulin Island creates a unique set of concerns and opportunities to be addressed in planning.
We can help answer these questions for you:
- How can I keep my land in the family?
- What are the tax implications for the next generation if they are not active farmers?
- Are there additional tax credits available to me? For example, the Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credit (“SR&ED”) that need to be considered?
We have a team of specialists available with farming specific knowledge and industry experience, who can help to navigate these complex issues.